Instagram is a invaluable tool for building brand awareness. With over 500 million users, it’s a social network that provides a great marketing platform to reach potential customers from every corner of the world.
In order to improve and promote your brand, one of the best ways is building your follower base. This can be done a number of ways which I will get into a little later. After all, the more people that come in contact with your brand and follow you on Instagram, the larger your audience is that you can potentially reach every time you post.
7 Tips to build your Brand on Instagram
Instagram Tools: Instagram’s new business profile allows users to build a business brand on their platform. It comes with a huge “contact’ call-to-action, allowing users to email, call or text the business.
Along with the contact option, business profiles have access to Insights, giving users access to impression and engagement data. If you use your Instagram account for your business, you might want to consider converting your personal profile to a business profile in order to take advantage of these options. The more you understand about how your users are interacting with your content, the better you can make adjustments to improve your engagement.
2. Cross promote Instagram posts: If you have multiple social media accounts, use them to your advantage. Promote your Instagram page by asking existing followers to follow you. Now a warning, not everyone will as some people are more active on some platforms like Facebook and Twitter and less on others like Pinterest or StumbleUpon.
3. Interact with followers to spark growth: If someone takes the time to leave a comment on one of your posts, take two seconds to reply and thank them. That simple engagement can create a loyal customer as well as a raving promoter of your brand.
Also, incorporate ways to get your followers to interact with your posts. A simple, “Tag three of your friends that would love this” can quickly put your brand in front of a larger audience as well as attract new followers. Since they are being introduced to your Instagram profile through a friend, there is less resistance, resulting in many of the tagged users following your profile.
4. Create an interactive hashtag: Creating an interactive hashtag is a great way to create instant engagement. For example, creating a hashtag that customers use to tag photos of them with the product that they just purchased. An example of this is Tim Horton’s #rolluptowin
Creating a hashtag that your company can search for to re-post the pictures of your customers with your product will accomplish two things:
- It will cause more of your followers to use the hashtag and post images of them with your product because they will want to be featured on your page
- Every time someone posts using your hashtag they are exposing all of their followers to your company and product(s) — free advertising!
5. Take Advantage of Trending Hashtags: Users can now use Instagram’s Explore feature to find posts related to trending hashtags such as #rollutowin. If these trending tags are relevant to your brand, include them in timely posts to aid discovery.
6. Use creativity to connect with your audience: Being creative with your images is a great way to connect with your followers — it’s much more effective than posts that look like straight up advertisements.
7. Mix Pictures and Videos: In order to maximize the number of followers you gain, consider alternating between pictures and videos on your feed. Depending on what your posting, a video might provide a stronger impact based on it providing video and audio. In other cases like new laws being passed, an image might be better with picture of the article with more information.
Thank you for reading!
Feel free to comment with your thoughts and ideas! I always welcome new ideas.
Please follow me @cosimocreatesbuzz on Twitter and on Google+ at cosimocreatesbuzz.
Please Check out my website at http://www.cosimocreatesbuzz.com
Check out my Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/cosimocreatesbuzz